1 MW WT-system test rigCopyright: © CWD
The 1MW-system test rig gives the opportunity to analyse wind turbines regarding the overall system. With the results from overall system tests, load spectrums and testing procedures for the failure-susceptible components in wind turbines are devised. As a first project a system test rig is constructed at the Heavy Drive Train Center (HDTC) of the Institute for Machine Elements and Machine Design (IME). The first test series includes the test examination of a wind turbine nacelle with a nominal power of 850 kW.
The project is part of the Hightech.NRW project "Improvement of the operational behavior of on-shore wind turbines with the aid of a new type of system test stand".Copyright: © CWD
Load unit with 5 degrees of freedom:
- Simulation of real loads
- Load application with the help of four hydraulically controlled cylinders
- In addition to the rotor weight and shear loads due to the wind, bending moments and the input torsional moment can also be simulated.
- Determination of the deformation at the rotor flange of the test specimen
Improvement of the operational behavior of on-shore wind turbines with the help of a novel system test rig:
Selected and implemented under the ERDF co-financed Operational Program for NRW:
Objective 2 "Regional Competitiveness and Employment" 2007-2013.
The project is being conducted in cooperation with the following industrial partners:
- Bosch Rexroth AG
- FAG Industrial Services GmbH
- GE Energy - Power Conversion
- TÜV Rheinland Industrie Service GmbH
- Vestas Nacelles Deutschland GmbH#
- Winergy AG